Meet the Staff

David Bromley – Elder – Local Administrator

IMG_4488

Paul Stephens – Elder – Building and Grounds Administrator

IMG_4367

Dr. Trent Langhofer – Minister/Preacher

JShack

Jeremy Shackelford – Connections Minister / I.T.
IMG_4256

Derek Poole – Graphic Design

Ryan-Black-Square

Ryan Lee – Chief Development Officer

IMG_4793

Larry West – We Care Ministries

WFR Church

At White's Ferry Road Church we love everybody. We want you to feel welcome and loved. If you have a need please don't hesitate to visit our contact page. We would love to hear from you.

10 thoughts on “Meet the Staff

• March 12, 2015 at 10:17 pm

First off my farther gene cogburn went to preachers school there and I went there off and on growing up when we lived in the area. I am now 40 with three kids of my own and one being austic But anyways I drifted away from the church after my farther passed away from cancer he gave his life to the church and loved it but after his death I was angry and stopped going but now I have been thinking about getting back in to church and drove past the church there but I guess I’m a bit scared or unsure since its been a while and all the people I did know there are gone by now or moved away. I want to start back though I want my kids to know god like I did growing up and they don’t now and not sure how the church is with special needs kids she is 12 yrs old but mentally more 5 so bible class is challenging If you put her with her own age group,so not sure how that will work and how welcoming you all are to new people,I mean I don’t have a lot of money and don’t drive a nice car but it gets me where I need to go and don’t have any dresses to wear any more so maybe this is a bad idea idk these days just feel a bit lost since I stopped going to church anyways don’t know why I’m sending this to people I don’t know there anymore but got history there.

Pamela Cogburn Spillmon

• May 14, 2015 at 10:28 am

Pam!!! This is Kim Smith Stephens (Bill and Margaret Smith’s youngest daughter). I remember you and your family SO WELL and love you all so very much. Some of my very favorite memories are with your family. Do you live in the West Monroe area?! I am so sorry that I am just now seeing your post but, but trust me, you will be welcomed with OPEN arms at WFR if you ever decide to come back for a visit. And if you feel at home … you are more than welcome to join our family again … we would SO love to have you home. And dresses?! Oh girl – NOBODY wear dresses anymore (well some do but the majority don’t). What is on your body and what you drive is of no concern to us at all … we just want you to wear what you are comfy in. As a matter fact … many around here wear camo YEAR ROUND! Your babies … ALL of them, will also be welcomed. Because my children are adults now I’m not sure what the protocol is for little ones but all your babies will be taken good care of. We have the BEST children’s ministry EVER! So, if you would like to come back … just call the church office and let us know when you are coming and we will be looking for you!! The church number is
      396-6000. Have a wonderfully blessed day!! Kim Smith Stephens

• April 11, 2016 at 9:07 pm

Dear Kim Stephens,
        Honestly, I was looking at your church website to see what the church was like, and read your reply to Pam Spillmon. God bless you for the way that you answered that letter. I see that it was almost a year ago when it was written, and I sincerely hope that the lady came back to your church and got plugged back in because that is exactly what churches are supposed to do! She was obviously seeking, I think God intervened, and you answered. I got blessed from reading it! In my opinion, it was a great testimony in attitude for your church.

• July 20, 2015 at 10:41 am

I just wanted to say how highly my brother spoke of your church. He has been with the Lord for Three years now. He is really missed. One day I hope to stop in and see what he was so excited about.

• May 17, 2016 at 9:24 pm

Dear Pastor,

Please consider reading or preaching on John 3:16 on Sunday July 3, 2016. Coming just before July 4th, this would be a great opportunity for reflection and remembrance of such a text.

This is just a suggestion. If you think it worthy, please spread the word to other churches in your area.

• August 21, 2016 at 11:17 pm

When ever I’m in West Monroe I go to WHITE FERRY ROAD Church. The people are so friendly and make me fell right at home. It’s because I’m with good Christian people.

• October 6, 2016 at 6:07 am

I’m Shammy BUNANI, from the Bukavu Church of Christ in the Democratic Republic of Congo. I’m the local speaker for the World Radio and we broasdcast a programme called “TUTAENDA KWA NANI” (Swahili), what means TO WHOM SHALL WE GO? (John 6, 60-71). World Radio is supporting radio programme in the region of Bukavu from 2013.
    I’m so grateful to pay a visit to this website of the West Ferry Church of Christ.
    I’m so proud of all the team as I see their pictures. May God bless you abundantly. We still need your prayers so that the programme we broadcast touch many souls and let them turn to the real faith, be baptised, be added by the Lord to His church, live Christian live based on the Word and hope to meet all faithful Christian one day around our Master Jesus-Christ.
    All the Bukavu Church of Christ warmly greats you in Christ.

My contacts:
    Email: shammybunani@gmail.com
    Phone (mobile): +243892090291
    PO Box: 222, Cyangugu-Rwanda.

• January 31, 2017 at 12:39 pm

Hi, I am inquiring about a half way house that your church is affiliated with. I have a son in a short rehab program in bossier, he is 21 and he is a wonderful Christiam young ma who just went down the wrong road and made some bad choices. I see you have a C R program and it is an awesome program. Was involved at the one in Baton Rouge at Istrouma Baptist, very involved until I moved back to Natchitoches. Doug and Suzanne White were the leaders, I can’t say enough about CR. But I just want to find further help for my son when he gets released…..so I would love to hear back from someone and thank you so much. Would love to talk to Mr Phil, I just admire how they do not compromise their faith!!!!! My brother is in the ministry, Dr Benjamin Harlan. He and Dennis
    Swanberg are best friends. Roomed at Baylor together and had Swan’s Place on tv….Dennis married me and my other brother. We were born and raised in Winnfield…..I’m so glad to be back in the country. Thank you and God Bless!!!! Hope to hear back for my son Jesse….1-225-316-0136

• February 2, 2017 at 10:37 am

Laura, we received your reply and I tries to call the number you left but it goes straight to voicemail that hasn’t been set up. Please contact me at dcolvin@wfrchurch.org or 318-396-6000 for assistance. You may also go to the house website at awaken514.com for an application and rules for the homes. Have a blessed day Debby Colvin

• April 30, 2017 at 11:40 pm

Is your church a Church of Christ? If so do you believe in baptismal regeneration?